Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Saying Goodbye for Now: Tunalabagana








John and Susan made it to the airport safely and boarded their flight around 1:30pm. They will travel through Newark and Amsterdam before landing in Uganda. They will travel approximately 28 hours in all, and be home around 8pm on Wednesday night, Ugandan time. Words cannot describe the success and scope of the past four months. It has been a long journey filled with friends, love and much healing. We will continue to post updates on Susan as she starts phase two of her new life in Uganda. Thank you all. Webale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an experience to host John and Susan and see the outpouring of love and support from everyone around us. Through this process I have developed life long friendships with people I might otherwise have missed. I have seen the best in people and learned new, wonderful things about my own family. While this experience has had its "bumps" I am inspired to do more. I am proud to be part of Team Susan, Engeye, Compassion in Action and now the new scholarship program being developed to send more children to school in the village. John was everything everyone told me he was. You were so right to put Engeye in his capable, compassionate hands. One young girl's plight has made a new family -100 strong - and I know we are going to do INCREDIBLE things together in the future. We really are chaning the world one step at a time. Hugs, Theresa